Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Counter Sales Rep
La Palma, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits & Compensation:
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, 401(k) employer match, profit sharing, quarterly bonus opportunities, and a generous time-off policy including Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick pay time. Casual dress policy, potential career growth, and a family-oriented working environment. Performance bonus (DOE) and scheduled weekends off!
Join the Multi Sales (MSI) Team – it’s not just a job, it’s a career! We are seeking a professional, self-motivated, and quality-focused Will Call / Counter Sales Rep for our La Palma, CA branch. Under the direction of the Will Call Supervisor, the Counter Sales team assists customers with their purchases of door and gate automation products. This position is the first point of contact at each of our branches and provides customers with accurate and timely information regarding product availability, pricing, and delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to maintain a high level of product knowledge, attend product knowledge meetings, and work and interact with all employees, customers, and vendors in a way that models and supports Multi Sales’ Values.
Serve as a key face-to-face contact and liaison for customers and generate sales while providing quick, accurate, courteous service.
- Sales of merchandise, utilizing product and application knowledge to select material that best meets customer needs.
- Place, arrange and maintain merchandise display. Recommend new stock items and support efforts to reduce or eliminate overstock and/or obsolete material.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Update knowledge of products through self-study and attending product training classes.
- Contribute to add-on sales by maintaining a high level of product knowledge.
- Handle customer inquiries and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Enter and process customer orders, quotes and returns.
- Pick and consolidate orders.
- Build relationships with our customers and associates
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Work collaboratively with the branch manager to maintain a clean and orderly warehouse.
- Customer service experience required.
- Ability to process point-of-sale transactions, quotes and returns.
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person and via the phone.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and build business relationships.
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-discipline, motivation, and professionalism at all times.
- Work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, and handle issues without supervisory support.
- Aware of own strengths and weaknesses, open to developmental feedback and taking responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including lifting and carrying product. Able to work a full 8-hour shift on your feet.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience selling in an industrial counter sales environment.
- Strong computer skills desired.
- Experience with an inside sales environment.
- Experience with PC based systems/applications, web tools, and MS Office
- Epicor ERP application knowledge a plus.
- Electrical and/or mechanical experience desired.
- Demonstrated job stability.
- Valid State driver’s license.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
If you are a counter sales champion who is looking to deliver winning results and build positive relationships, then this is the world-class team you want to join. We want to hear from you. Contact us today!
Multi Sales has been a leading distributor to the door and gate industry since 1959. With 5 locations across Southern California and Vancouver, WA, we pride ourselves on being “The One Stop Shop” for our customers and constantly raising the bar for industry standards through exceptional customer service, product selection, and industry knowledge. We continue to grow, creating opportunities for talented individuals who want to be part of a dynamic team and experience a high level of professional growth.