Van Nuys, CA
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
We are seeking a professional, self-motivated, and quality focused Counter Sales Representative for our Van Nuys, CA branch. This role will open/close the location depending upon schedule.
Want to build partnerships with your customers? This position is the first point of contact at one of our largest branches. We are looking for people who are personable, value relationships and want to create repeat customers.
Do you have an interest in electrical or mechanical products? The ideal candidate will be able to build product knowledge, attend product sales meetings, participate in vendor training seminars, and work and interact with employees, customers and vendors to support our product lines.
Do you want performance-based bonus potential and full benefits? Apply now and join the Multi Sales Team!
Counter Sales Representative Role:
Serve as a key face-to-face contact and liaison for customers and generate sales while providing quick, accurate, courteous service.
- Opening and/or closing the store, ensuring that proper store procedures and policies are followed when store management is not on duty or unavailable at the counter.
- Take customer sales orders and quotes, utilizing product and applications knowledge to select product that best meets customer needs.
- Place, arrange, and maintain merchandise display. Recommend new stock items and support efforts to reduce or eliminate overstock and/or obsolete material.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Update knowledge of products through self-study and attending product training classes.
- Contribute to add-on sales by maintaining a high level of product knowledge.
- Handle customer inquiries and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Enter and process customer orders, quotes and returns.
- Pick and consolidate orders.
- Build relationships with our customers and associates
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Work collaboratively with the branch manager to maintain a clean and orderly warehouse.
Counter Sales Representative Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience as a key holder.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience selling in an industrial counter sales environment.
- Experience with an inside sales environment.
- Experience with PC based systems/applications, web tools and MS Office
- Epicor ERP application knowledge a plus.
- Electrical and/or mechanical experience desired.
- Demonstrated job stability.
- Valid State driver’s license.
Benefits & Compensation:
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, 401(k) employer match, profit sharing, quarterly bonus opportunities, and a generous time off policy including Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick pay time. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment. Performance bonus (DOE) and scheduled weekends off!