La Palma, CA
We are seeking a Director level manager to join our team! The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in Purchasing, ideally in distribution, and have a professional, team oriented attitude. Provide business analytics and financial report.
Director of Purchasing Responsibilities:
- Promotions: Identify opportunities with vendors that can translate into an increase in margin as well as sales that increase revenue.
- Pricing Strategy: Goal to optimize margins by accounting for freight, volume discounts, competition pressures that can affect revenue, industry standards.
- New product setup and rollout: Identify gaps in our product lines and fill them
- Communication: responsible for vendor relationships, requests for pricing or new products, promotions on products, all buyers, audits on vendor lines, consistency of buying which include lead times, price discrepancies,
- Suggested Purchase Queue: Submit PO’s by analyzing the purchase history, trends, mins/max, service stock, economic order quantities, order points, lead times, and forecasted projections.
- Return Goods Queue: Review overages, shortages, discrepancies, and defectives. Work with the Warehouse, AP, and vendor for resolution.
- PO Expedite Queue: Review all overdue and emergency PO’s pertaining to stock, special-orders, back-orders, and pending warranty replacements.
- Directs Queue: Place direct shipments, direct will call, and advance replacements, and drop ships, as soon as they hit the Directs Queue.
- Suggested Transfer Queue: Review suggested transfer items, including daily add-ons, to ensure proper inventory levels across each of the baby branches, in addition to fulfilling special order items.
- Phone and email requests: Provide solutions to all requests pertaining to pricing, product setup, lead time, discrepancies, sourcing, promos, transfers, etc.
- PO Confirmations: All purchase orders must be verified in the system. This includes proper follow-up on back-orders, shipment delays, pricing variances, etc.
- Fulfillment: Work with other departments to ensure smooth transactional flow across the entire sales funnel. Make certain that we are providing a complete solution for the customer.
- Surplus and Deadstock: Evaluate company-wide inventory before procuring a product to minimize excess inventory and prevent deadstock.
- Price increases: Implement price increases as we receive increase notifications. Notify sales and marketing to ensure customers are made aware.
- Audits and reports: proactively audit buylines, pricelines, etc. to ensure accuracy of data. This includes product description, pricing, subs/add-ons/tag-alongs, and product searchability.
Director of Purchasing Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a purchasing agent or other related fields
- Experience with ERP or MRP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented person with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong negotiation skills
- BA/BS degree required
- Valid driver’s license
Benefits & Compensation
Multi Sales has been a leading distributor to the door, gate and access control industries since 1959. With 5 locations across Southern California and Vancouver, WA, we pride ourselves on being “The One Stop Shop” for our customers and constantly raising the bar for industry standards through exceptional customer service, product selection and industry knowledge. We continue to grow, creating opportunities for talented individuals who want to be part of a dynamic team and experience a high level of professional growth.
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, 401(k) employer match, profit sharing, quarterly bonus opportunities, and a generous time off policy including Holidays, Vacation and Sick pay time. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment. Performance bonus (DOE)!
If you are a champion to lead a team who is looking to deliver winning results and build positive relationships, then this is the world class team you want to join. We want to hear from you. Contact us today!