San Diego, CA
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /year
We are seeking a professional, self-motivated, and quality focused Counter Sales Associate. Under the direction of the Will Call Supervisor, the Counter Sales team assists customers with their purchases of door, gate and access control products. This position is the first point of contact at one of our largest branches and provides customers with accurate and timely information regarding product availability, pricing and delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to maintain a high level of product knowledge, attend product sales meetings, and work and interact with all employees, customers and vendors in a way that models and supports Multi Sales’ Values. Join the Multi Sales Team – a company who will invest in you!
Counter Sales Responsibilities:
Serve as a key face-to-face contact and liaison for customers and generate sales while providing quick, accurate, courteous service.
- Inside sales by utilizing product and applications knowledge to select material that best meets customer needs.
- Contribute to add-on sales by maintaining a high level of product knowledge.
- Build customer relationships with service excellence, product knowledge and being a customer advocate.
- Update knowledge of products through self-study and attending product training classes.
- Handle customer inquiries and troubleshoot customer questions related to product and sales order cycle.
- Enter and process customer orders, quotes and returns.
- Pick and consolidate orders.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Place, arrange, and maintain merchandise display. Recommend new stock items and support efforts to reduce or eliminate overstock and/or obsolete material.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Work collaboratively with the branch manager to maintain a clean and orderly warehouse.
Counter Sales Qualifications:
- Customer service experience required.
- Ability to process point-of-sale transactions, quotes and returns.
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person and via the phone.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and build business relationships.
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-discipline, motivation, and professionalism at all times.
- Work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, and handle issues without supervisory support.
- Aware of own strengths and weaknesses, open to developmental feedback and taking responsibility for personal and professional development.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including lifting and carrying product. Able to work a full 8-hour shift on your feet.
Counter Sales Requirements:
- Associate degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience selling in an industrial counter sales environment.
- Strong computer skills desired.
- Experience with an inside sales environment.
- Experience with PC based systems/applications, web tools and MS Office
- Epicor ERP application knowledge a plus.
- Electrical and/or mechanical experience a plus.
- Demonstrated job stability.
- Valid State driver’s license.
If you are a champion of service excellence who is looking to deliver winning results and build positive relationships, we want to hear from you. Contact us today!
Benefits & Compensation
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), profit sharing, quarterly bonus opportunities, and a generous time off policy. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment. Performance bonus (DOE) and scheduled weekends off!
Multi Sales has been a leading distributor to the door, gate and access control industries since 1959. With 5 locations across Southern California and Vancouver, WA, we pride ourselves on being “The One Stop Shop” for our customers and constantly raising the bar for industry standards through exceptional customer service, product selection and industry knowledge. We continue to grow, creating opportunities for talented individuals who want to be part of a dynamic team and experience a high level of professional growth.