La Palma, CA
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Multi Sales Company (MSI) has been a family-owned leading distributor to the security and access controls industry since 1959. We pride ourselves on our extensive product knowledge and outstanding customer service. We are looking for sharp, motivated team builders who want to contribute their skills towards a rewarding career with a stable and growing company at our La Palma, CA branch.
The Staff Accountant will handle day-to-day Accounting functions in a multi branch distribution environment. Responsible to perform month-end close procedures while adhering to strict deadlines. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Staff Accountant Essential Functions:
- Maintains and reconciles assigned accounts, potentially including prepaids and other assets as well as accruals and other liabilities
- Processes ACH payments
- Reconcile all bank accounts as part of the month end closing process
- Reconcile and balance accounts payable and accounts receivable monthly
- Assist in the preparation activities of Monthly & Quarterly Sales Tax Returns
- Assist Accounts Payables staff when necessary
- Reconciles sub-ledgers to general ledger account balances
- Supports the monthly close process by preparing journal entries and maintaining accurate account reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Support the budget process and development of departmental budgets to control costs and find savings opportunities
- Assist in the preparation activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, weekly metrics, internal and, and annual audits and annual budgets
- Supports the quarterly and annual audit process and prepares necessary schedules, reconciliations, and analyses
- Reconciles intercompany accounts as assigned and submits payment requests
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Staff Accountant Qualifications:
- Must have effective communication (verbal, written and listening) skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while managing multiple-tasks
- Proficient with ERP systems and accounting software (Epicor Solar Eclipse a plus)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced spreadsheet proficiency – Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP
- Skill in analyzing and interpreting financial data
- High degree of accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Must assume responsibility for timeliness of work completion and perform to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred;
- Advanced and/or specialty degrees/certifications are a big plus
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant GL accounting experience (prefer 3 or more years of experience)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Demonstrated job stability
- Valid State Driver’s License
If you are a motivated champion who is looking to deliver winning results and build positive career growth, then this is the world class team you want to join. We want to hear from you. Contact us today!
Benefits & Compensation:
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, 401(k) employer match, profit sharing, quarterly bonus opportunities, and a generous time off policy including Holiday, Vacation and Sick pay time. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment. Performance bonus (DOE) and scheduled weekends off!